Ankara prints made its presence known on red carpets in 2016. All thanks to the celebrities who took a bold step of embracing African elements in their red carpet looks.
I truly enjoyed seeing all the beautiful, vibrant, and well crafted designs on my laptop and tv screen. Ankara fashion is pervading through western fashion with full force, and has become an inevitable part of global social functions. Here are the top 10 celebrity red carpet moments of 2016. Enjoy!
1. Angélique Kidjo at the 2016 Pre-Grammy Telecast – (Monday, February 15th , 2016)
3. Jidenna and Rosalyn Gold-Onwude at the 2016 BET Awards – (Sunday, June 26th, 2016)
5. Jidenna and Tiwa Savage at the 2016 MTV Awards – (Sunday, August 28th, 2016)
6. David Oyelowo and Family at the Queen of Katwe Hollywood Movie Premiere – (Wednesday, September 20th, 2016)
7. Jidenna at the 2016 BET Hip Hop Awards – (Saturday, September 17th, 2016)
8. Nomzamo Mbatha at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2016 Nomination Party – (Wednesday, September 21st, 2016)
9. Lupita Nyong’o at the Queen of Katwe Uganda Movie Premiere – (Saturday, October 1st, 2016)
10. Lalah Hathaway at the 2016 Soul Train Awards – (Sunday, November 6th, 2016)
Which look was your favorite?
One thought on “Best of 2016: Top 10 Celebrity Red Carpet Moments”
Pingback: Wax Print: What is Ankara? ... What is Ankara Fabric?